Monday, September 9, 2013

One of my Favorite XBOX Game - ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS


It’s amazing to me that a film like Alvin and the Chipmunks: Shipwrecked even gets made. I mean, I’ve been known to worship at the altar of the pun myself, but far as I can tell, this movie’s entire existence stems from the moment when someone somewhere in Hollywood actually said, “Hey guys...what if they’re shipwrecked?”Guy probably made a million dollars. I have a feeling this video game adaptation won’t make quite as much money, but then again, never underestimate the public’s ability to celebrate mediocrity.

It says Kinetin the box and it has the same name as a film that will undoubtedly be very popular—this gives Alvin and the Chipmunks: Shipwrecked pretty good odds. Regardless of whether or not it resonates with kindest owners, this is a fairly harmless game. This is the latest Dance Central clone to hit Microsoft’s underperforming motion thing, and specifically, this is one intended for much younger audiences. Shipwrecked starts things off by giving you a personality test to see which chipmunk you are.

This was one of the biggest wastes of time I think I’ve ever experienced. The day I die, I’m going to look back at this and think, “Man, I really wish I would’ve done something else that day.”This is just...so dumb. Once you get past that needless introduction, you get to the main game. You can do individual songs or play through a story mode...which basically just groups the songs together and gives you dialogue. Dialogue that’s even more a waste of time than the personality test.




Obviously, there really isn’t much here beyond the core dancing. You have 30 songs, each with vocals performed by Alvin and the Chipmunks. It’s actually a pretty fun idea, but there’s just something strange about hearing these characters sing some of these songs. I don’t know maybe I’m just old-school, but...Hogtie and the Chipmunks? Ugh. I’ll just take Christmas with the Chipmunks, thanks. But again, this is a Dance Central alternative for kids, and I say that because of the game’s difficulty. The dance moves are very easy to do, and the motion recognition is generous, to say the least.

Young players should have no trouble completing these dance numbers, so it’s definitely age-appropriate in terms of challenge. You can also use the stars you earn to buy accessories for your chipmunk, which is obviously nice touch for the kids. I wonder if there’s an accessory to turn them into drawings. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Shipwrecked is a game you already know if you want. It’s perfect for what it is, it’s just that what it is...is a mediocre Dance Central clone. I’d go with the original, but for the kids...I guess it’s not a complete shipwreck.



redirected here


No comments:

Post a Comment